Polished concrete is fast becoming the ultimate flooring material. With the correct floor grinding equipment and experience, Screedmasters can grind concrete surfaces, whether new or old, to a high-gloss finish that never needs waxes or coatings. Factor in the superior durability and performance of concrete, and it’s no wonder why more retail, commercial warehouse and office facilities, and even homeowners are catching on to the appeal of these smooth, high-lustre floors.
Where can polished concrete be used?
The most common places polished concrete is used include:
- Large warehouses and warehouse outlets
- Retail stores
- Hotels and restaurants
- Office buildings
- Auto showrooms
- Private residences
Commercial and Retail Benefits:
- Cost savings: Using the slab on grade as the finished floor surface is more cost effective, maintenance costs are lower
- More resistant to high foot traffic
- Less maintenance and longer service life: Polished floors are easy to clean, requiring only occasional damp mopping. They also eliminate the need for messy waxes or coatings as well as the associated labour, time, and expense to apply them. The glossy surface of polished concrete resists the marks of forklift truck tires and staining from oil and chemical spills.
- Resistant to moisture transmission issues: Polished concrete allows the floor to breathe and eliminates issues that arise with other flooring materials that seal off the concrete, such as tile, etc.
- High light reflectivity: Important for office building floors, hotels, restaurants, and other public facilities that want to project a bright, clean, professional image. Also saves energy by reducing artificial lighting requirements
- Is a sustainable flooring alternative: Polished concrete does not require hazardous coatings, cleaners or adhesives.